2016 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Call for Price
Stock Image: Metallic Triton Blue
The secret to the GSX-R1000’s legendary performance is an unrivaled combination of awesome power and precision handling. Its powerplant features cutting-edge designs like lightweight, forged pistons designed using Finite Element Method analysis, helping it provide incredible acceleration out of corners, matched by stunning top-end performance. Its chassis is designed for optimum rigidity, providing responsive steering and rock-solid stability even through wide-open sweepers.
- Potent 999cc, 4-cylinder powerplant, with a bore and stroke of 74.5 x 57.3mm brings enhanced throttle response across the entire RPM range plus a true potential for racetrack dominance.
- The compact engine enables short wheelbase with a long swingarm to create racetrack-capable handling characteristics.
- Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed using the same Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used for MotoGP racing engines.
- Pentagonal shaped ventilation holes in the sides of each cylinder bore reduce pumping losses due to internal crankcase air-pressure resistance to downward piston movement.
- The camshaft profiles were developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology to produce power delivery capable of racetrack performance.
- Carefully shaped combustion chambers and a compression ratio of 12.9:1 creates strong low-range and mid-range performance to create a broad torque curve.
- Iridium spark plugs produce more complete combustion and last longer than conventional plugs.
- An Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the single muffler, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- SHOWA Big Piston front forks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven lightweight design that delivers superb feedback and response. Spring preload, rebound and compression damping are all fully adjustable.
- Single, link-style rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping.
- The dual front disc brakes are equipped with the premier, radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers grasping 310mm floating brake rotors.
- The rear brake system with single-piston caliper contributes low unsprung weight.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- Three-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
- Instruments include a silver-ringed analog tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
- The edgy and clean GSX-R race-inspired styling incorporates fairing and bodywork details aimed at reducing turbulence and drag.
- Distinctive multi-reflector headlight with vertically stacked high and low-beam halogen bulbs is centered between position lights on each side.
- Bright, durable LED taillight, with clear inner lens and red outer lens.
- The front turn signal are integrated into the rear-view mirrors while the rear tail section houses the rear signals.
- Attention to rider comfort and confidence includes a carefully shaped seat with a high-grip cover.
- The wheel rims have pin stripes punctuated by “R” logos that highlight the bike’s identity.
- Stylized Suzuki “S” 3-D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denotes the quality, sophistication and performance legacy of the brand.
- Optional single seat cowl can replace the passenger seat for an even more aggressive look or for use on solo rides, or track days.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for GSX-R owners are available including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- 12-month limited warranty
- Engine: 999cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 74.5 mm x 57.3 mm (2.9 in x 2.3 in)
- Compression Ratio: 12.9 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain drive
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Brembo, Disc, Twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.5 L (4.6 US gallons), 16.5 L (4.4 US gallons) CA model
- Color: Metallic Triton Blue
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Overall Length: 2045 mm (80.5 in)
- Overall Width: 705 mm (27.8 in)
- Ground Clearance: 130 mm (5.1 in)
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in)
- Curb Weight: 203 kg (448 lbs)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 74.5 mm x 57.3 mm (2.9 in x 2.3 in)
- Compression Ratio
- 12.9 : 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Brembo, Disc, Twin
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Seat Height
- 810 mm (31.9 in)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 203 kg (448 lbs)
- 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain drive
- Metallic Triton Blue
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.